Sunday, February 28, 2010

Saturday at the Market

Yesterday, we went to Matt's Big Breakfast with Ed, Brooke, and Esley. We were celebrating for two good reasons:

1- I had just finished taking my last final of second quarter the previous day (meaning that I am done with all but one quarter of the first two years, and then it's on to the clinical years). And even better, I have a week off from class (even though I'm really supposed to be studying for the board exams-- but we'll see how much studying I get done this coming week, if any...)

2- Our new car (which we bought last Saturday) completed 50,000 miles. It actually happened on the drive down to Matt's. Anyway, it's a Subaru Forester. Julianne is the primary driver, and Asher the passenger. I must admit, I'm jealous. But our 'ol Honda with 200,000+ is still going strong (somewhat), so I'll keep using that for now.






Upon arriving at Matt's, we learned that our wait would be at least an hour. Conveniently for us, the Phoenix Farmer's Market is just one block from the restaurant. So we all wandered over and passed the time sampling treats, looking at baby goats, purchasing plants (2 squash plants and 1 mint), and taking portraits. The breakfast, by the way, was well worth the wait.







***Also, this could be a completely new post, (and it would be extra fitting since this current post is getting ridiculously long), but it should be known that Asher always reads in the car. He never leaves home without a few books. When we say, "Asher, we're going to go now" he goes straight for the bookshelf.

2 comments:

olivia said...

fun portraits. fun day. fun joe-the-blogger.

olivia said...

p.s. forgot: and fun new car!!!

A Few of Our Favorite Things

Blog Archive