Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pez! Pez! Pez!

It's been a few weeks now since we set up the pez. Amazingly, the display actually lasted over 24 hours before Asher decided to knock them all down. He loved playing with them. He would thoughtfully look them over and set his sights on one, cautiously pick it up, and then delicately place it back before choosing another.







***ET is my new favourite dispensor. There are a few reasons for this:

1) Asher, who already knew about E.T. (due to the sculpture in our house--see reason 2 below), discovered that E.T. had a hat. A week after the display was dismantled, Asher approached Julianne demanding his hat. She got him his baseball cap, but he wasn't satisfied. He insisted on "coat hat". So she brought him his brown zip up, hooded sweater. He was ecstatic when she understood, and upon compliance of the request, he said E.T. and brought her the pez to show her that he had a hat like Asher's.

2) My sculpture that I made in ceramics class my last semester at BYU. It was supposed to be a bust of a real person (it was going to be Jacob Knudsen), but I'm not very good, or better-put, I'm horrible at making things look realistic. So the sculpture ended up resembling E.T. a great deal more than Jacob.

3) Look at that smile!






5 comments:

Ann said...

I remember you collecting Pez! Glad to know your little guy likes them just as much. It sounds like he really knows how to appreciate them!

Malerie said...

Wow that is an impressive collection! I bet that kept Asher busy for a while. Can I send Madeline over?

Anonymous said...

Asher is such a little genius! I never knew you collected pez! You have an impressive collection.

Natalie said...

love it! what a cute little guy, we had so much fun having him here - he's a smartie.

JBK said...

People always said I looked like ET. So you did a fine job!

A Few of Our Favorite Things

Blog Archive